Monday, July 5, 2010

Williamsburg... wrist cuff... LMAO... a pattern for you. :)

The truth is I quite like the "Williamsburg" color of Red Heart Super Saver, everyone's favorite cheap-ass yarn. But whoever posted this lil' crochet pattern clearly doesn't understand the inherent irony of making a multicolored wrist cuff out of something already called Williamsburg. Oh well. What are ya gonna do? Me, I think I might make some wrist cuffs. ;)

It's a very simple and fun pattern, and it does come out quite well with this particular yarn based on the photos included in the post. It makes me a tad nervous that it's made as a rectangle and then sewn together, rather than just stitched in a tube, but hell, what do I know. I'm sure if you do it right it comes out just fine. The author, Sandi Marshall, includes a couple of demonstrative photographs that well illustrate individual crochet stitches. This is a difficult thing to do, and it is not done often enough in my opinion.

Personally, I think it'd be a blast to whip up about a dozen of these and hit Bedford Avenue...

1 comment: