Saturday, April 11, 2009

Butterfly a-go-go.

Really, life is nuts. Last week at work I worked 55 hours! This week was more like 45, but still. The exciting news is that on Friday we signed the lease and got the keys to the new apartment! All the more reason for me to finish my freakin' "Welcome" butterfly, right? Gotta have something outside our door, welcoming our friends inside!

Despite crazy work hours, I have managed to get some work done on my own projects, butterfly included! Working from a kit like this is a new and odd experience, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Here's how Mr. Flutterby has progressed over the past week.



See? His shape is really emerging! I still have a long way to go, for sure. Who knows, I might get to work on him more in the coming week... or I might just be working late and then packing! Life just really isn't conducive to needlepoint right now. Of course, if work sends me to Delaware for trial, I'll need something to do during off hours - television can only keep me so occupied. So I guess we'll see!

And onward we stitch... in spirit, at the very least. :)

1 comment: