Sunday, March 29, 2009

Such neglect is unfathomable - here, have a butterfly.

I've been away for so long! It's been a bad week, between work and looking for a new apartment. there just has not been a lot of time for cross stitching, or for blogging for that matter. But no one likes excuses, and I'm here to set things right.

I have started a new project, though I've barely gotten anything done on it. It's one of the bunch of kits that I purchased during my buying extravaganza, and it looks like this:



Separating all the pretty colors of floss was actually quite fun. As you can see, it's a cute lil' butterfly - because apparently I'm really into cross stitch patterns with butterflies. Who knew? The pattern wants me to make it say "Welcome", but I kinda want to make it say something else. Any suggestions? It came with a ring, so I'm working in one - so as not to end up with the lopsidedness of Mr. Owl, god love him.

Anyway, I did begin it, but I've gotten little done as you'll see here.



But whatever! A start is a start. As with all of my other creating, this too I'm sure will come in waves.

I'm now off to create some jewelery at my studio - I have a donation deadline to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment