Friday, March 13, 2009

Fleur de lis - not just a street I used to live on.

So I've been wanting to find a good fleur de lis design. Most of them... suck. I did find one that is absolutely gorgeous, but also way, way, way beyond my skill level. It's pretty much photo-realistic, and the pattern is sold but it doesn't come with floss. I'd have to figure out the colors myself!!! Take a look at this thing, and you'll know why I say no way.



Like woah, right? Right.

So, I did find a pretty little pattern for one that was ornate enough, and yet simple enough. I copied it by hand from the image I found online, and it looked like this.



But of course I wanted to change some things. I also wanted it to be twice as big. I drew and drew, and now it looks like this.



I like it! And I fear that... it's a bit over my head. But that's OK. I have a few kits that I ordered that should be coming my way any day now, and they are of varying levels. I'll get there.

I'm not sure what colors I want to do this in, but I know I want it to be vivid. I also want to do it on the black aida - exciting! I have zero idea what I'll do with it when it's done, but as that won't be for quite a while I'm not too worried about it.

And, in case you're wondering about Mr. Owl? He's getting there, I promise.

1 comment: